A self-esteem program created to help develop a positive sense of self in girls age 10-14.
What We Do
Gracefully Strong is a program for schools, churches and other organizations that have a vested interest in growing strong girls. Using hands-on activities and discussions across a 14-week series, self-esteem is broken down to its simplest forms so girls learn how it looks, sounds and feels. Girls create tools to help them navigate a challenging, yet critical, phase of social and emotional development.
The objective of Gracefully Strong is to ensure all girls truly understand the importance of self-love and acceptance. The program is designed to show them how inner-strength and self-worth are discovered and nurtured through healthy physical and emotional choices. Our goal is to help every girl develop a positive sense of self she can carry forward for a lifetime.
- 1 Program Guide
- 6 Classroom Posters
- 14 Activities
- 1-on-1 Prep Session with the Co-Founder Heather Stark
- Parent Communication
- 1 Journal per Girl
Each participant receives her own lesson set with everything she needs to start becoming the empowered girl you know she can be.
- Self-esteem and why it is important.
- How to vocalize thoughts and deal with self-doubt.
- How media manipulates photos of women to sell products and ideas.
- How drama and gossip damage self-esteem and relationships.
- The importance of setting goals.
- The meaning of grace and how to show it when mistakes are made.
- The power of self-esteem and positive body image working together to create confidence.
- How to celebrate their authentic selves.
- The importance of being trustworthy.
- What it means to “belong” versus “fit in” with friends.
Gracefully Strong was created by former school counselor, Heather Stark. While working closely with students, she noticed that around age 10 the girls begin to develop self-doubt. That doubt was affecting them in negative and sometimes painful ways -- academic limitations, social challenges and unhealthy behaviors -- that would impact them all the way through school and early adulthood.
Through her firsthand work with girls and extensive research, Heather formulated a self-esteem curriculum designed to empower girls with “brain tools.” These tools help them safely navigate the moments of doubt, difficulty with friendships, social media influences and pop culture’s definitions of beauty.
The Gracefully Strong program has been used in schools every semester since 2015 with measurable results. Pre- and post-program survey results show 80% of girls feel an increase in self-esteem and self-worth after completing the program. Girls report they are able to handle self-doubt, bullying behaviors and understand how to show grace to others. Most importantly, they understand the lifelong value of inner-strength and grit.
Sessions are held one day per week for 14 weeks.
They last 45-60 minutes and can be held during the school day or directly after school.